Payment Consulting GCG - Manager
Payments Consulting plays a vital role in driving the success of the Global Merchant Services in the region by being the voice of our external partners; merchants, processors and vendors. This role supports across GMS and Blue Box to identify and deliver value through payment solutions that drive premium economics and a better customer experience. You will be responsible for delivering against strategic business objectives (merchant satisfaction and our financial commitment to shareholders) by providing consultative solution-building support to various internal and external clients and driving solution/product delivery into merchants, Third Party Processors (TPPs) and external vendors.
Responsible for consulting to the largest merchants for American Express in the Airlines, Travel and Digital industries.
Maintain in-depth and current knowledge about the payments industry, market trends, existing and new payment-related technologies, products and services, and the structure of American Express and customer organizations.
Be an experienced and persuasive consultant with strong analytical skills, thought leadership, technical payments knowledge (card present and card not present).
Possess a strong track record of complex problem solving, developing business relationships and flawless project execution.
Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the merchant (current merchant’s payment acquiring environment, history, current goals and organizational drivers) and the payments industry
Provide consultative sales/solution support to merchants alongside the Merchant Acquisition (MA) and Client Management (CLM) teams in Singapore
- Detailed understanding of merchant acquiring payment processing, point of sale technology and emerging payment technologies (for example, EMV, PSD2, SCA, Mobile, Tokenization and QR) and the ability to articulate complex issues in a simple, non-technical manner
- The ability to establish, build and leverage relationships with both contractual partners, internal stakeholders, and externally across the industry
- Robust project/programme management skills with a track record of driving results on multiple initiatives concurrently
- Outstanding people leadership skills
- Consultative sales, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of card payments authorization, submission, reconciliation and disputes processes across a range of payment acquiring products and merchant industries
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record in leading projects and driving results
- Deep technical payments knowledge (both card present and card not present)
- Excellent presence with solid written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate complex issues in a simple non-technical manner
- Flexibility to work across time zones with groups regionally and globally
- Highly organized and results driven, proactive and forward thinking
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019, 8:27:47 PM