Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
Business Analyst, AXP Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Controllership, Global Finance
Purpose of the Role:
Sustain enterprise wide Balance Sheet health while remaining focused on efficiency and sustaining financial integrity for the company and managing various Audits and Control and Compliance function.
• Responsible for improving control environment by ensuring satisfactory audit experience and enchancing internal Control.
Refreshing Reconciliation policy and process document as per defined guidelines considering stakeholders ,Auditors viewpoints and industry benchmarking.
• Ensure Financial integrity through Reconciliation rigour and consistent strong governance.Detailed review of the Balance sheet account reconciliations as per Reconciliation policy guidelines to ensure financial integrity and process effectiveness
• Ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes
• Perform deep dive and risk analysis on various balancesheet reconciliations , related metrices and underlying accounting and link back to business
• Ensure compliance with the prevailing policies and procedures
• Monitoring and cadance of BSR in-house projects, timely project update to leadership with project management plan and heat maps
• Develop relevant trainings related to balance sheet reconciliation and ensure timely delivery of the same.
Shift Timing: 11:30 am-7:30 pm
Critical Factors to Success:
• Oracle GL & TM1
• Advanced MS Office
• OBIEE, Essbase
• Familiarity with US GAAP and financial accounting
3-6 years of past experience:
• Knowledge of Oracle/ERP & card business model & economics
• Front-end Amex system
• C.A. / MBA with at least 3-6 years of experience or Graduate with at least 5 years work experience. Other skills desired are:
• Audit and Control and Compliance experience will be a distinct advantage
• Familiarity with US GAAP and financial accounting experience is preferred
• Basic understanding of AMEX processes
• Understanding of operational, SOX, PRSA refresh, RAQ & other related control framework
• Ability to researh and analyze & embed relevant best practices Preferred:
• Experience in Record retention , spreadsheet policy is preferred
• Analytical skills with the eye on underlying details.
• Knowledge of financial systems Preferred
Familarity with working on Archer
•Strong analytical, people leadership and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win
•Excellent Interpersonal skills, Multitasking, and Thought-leadership skills with the ability to influence partners
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019, 1:35:54 PM