American Express Global Commercial Services solutions are preferred by the world's top businesses. We are innovators in the payments industry, at the forefront of creating solutions for mid-sized and large companies that help them leverage their purchasing power, eliminate many labor-intensive operations in expense management, and broaden the use of cards and electronic payments. We continue to expand the ways in which companies can maximize working capital, and provide world-class Card member benefits to their employees.
The GCS Nordic Large Market Team manages strategic corporate payment relationships with clients in the defined segment. To lead the account management team for the Nordics, we are looking for a Team leader reporting to the General Manager GCS Nordics. The Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team of senior Account Managers based in the Nordics.
This person will:
- Lead a qualified team of Account Managers
- Ensuring high level of engagement, strong will to win
- Developing people towards best in class Account Management profile
- Develop & implement a local strategy to grow the accounts and cross sell payment solutions, ensuring team achievement on retention and expansion in accordance with plan
- Delivery of differentiated value to our customers aligned with Global and Regional customer strategies
- Build strong relationships with customers at all levels (General Management, Purchasing, Finance, IT…) and actively network within the market to promote Amex Solutions
- Drive a robust pipeline coordinating execution of a best in class implementation process
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Account Management, Technology, Merchant acceptance, Business Solutions providing effective & practical guidance to orchestrate
- Build strong relationships with prospects / clients / at all levels (General Management, Purchasing, Finance, IT…) and actively network within the market to promote Amex solutions
- Influence and innovate to overcome complex client barriers, resolve escalated issues and manage internal stakeholders.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Seeking a minimum of 5 years prior strategic relationship management and/or sales experience. Ideal skill set includes the following
Entrepreneurial approach to portfolio management; able to identify opportunities and manage through sales process.
Innovative and collaborative approach to solving problems and overcome barriers impacting client value or growth.
Demonstrate effective oral and written presentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external partners.
Ability to gain in-depth understanding of client needs, to develop and execute a client-focused account plan with limited support and guidance.
Proven relationship management skills demonstrating a comfort level and effectiveness in seeking out and establishing relationships at C-levels and within cross-functional areas within large companies.
Ability to effectively present products, technical solutions, and financials to clients in a strategic manner.
Must be able to work in a virtual environment, travel to visit clients.
Ability to effectively influence and manage change and display solid leadership skills.
Sells with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
Language: Swedish and/or other Nordic languages, fluency in English
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019, 4:10:42 PM