The US Consumer Operational Excellence team within Consumer Marketing Services is responsible for enabling growth through implementation of an effective framework that drives efficiency, accountability and a strong control environment.
Through collaborative partnerships across the Blue Box, the Operational Excellence team drives a robust methodology and advises business partners on how to effectively balance business growth objectives with appropriate controls supported by the Company’s Operational Excellence Framework. This framework consists of several core components, grouped into pillars, including governance, risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors and reporting and monitoring.
The Manager / Sr. Manager, USCS Operational Excellence – will be liaison between the teams outside of Consumer Organization that manage and set policy for the Enterprise level programs (Global Business Services, Operational Risk, Compliance, Technologies, etc.) and the teams within the Consumer Organization whose activities contribute directly to our performance against key program requirements and expectations for key programs/processes like Third Party Lifecycle Management(TLM), Compliance and Control Rating Management, and AEMP 30.
- The ideal candidate will at minimum have working knowledge of the Operational Excellence space, including Process and Control design and TLM Program Management.
More importantly however, candidates must:
- Display genuine interest in continued learning and growth in this area of the business
- Demonstrate firm customer commitment
- Build strong relationships based on trust, understanding and mutual accountability
- Possess natural thought leadership qualities
- Be ready to roll up their sleeves and solve all types of difficult and complex issues
This position will report to the Director, Operational Excellence US Consumer Services
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 5-7 years of experience in operational risk management, strategy, internal control and process or similar function within Financial Services industries.
- Strong interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships with peers in business unit and TLM COE Compliance and Global Banking
- Strong team player, and self-motivation with the ability to handle multiple work streams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical capabilities and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to drive results across multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey clear insight and thought leadership.
- Ability to ask the “right” questions without having extensive knowledge in a particular business area
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019, 3:20:37 PM