American Express has been in existence for 165 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust, security, and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our American Express brand. American Express employees are engaged and have a passion for their work. Our continued success is solely dependent on the talent that we attract to our organization, and the response that our people make to an ever-changing environment. Every new member of our global team has the opportunity to become a participant and not an observer, and by using your unique skills and background you can help us deliver superior products and services to our shareholders, customers and employees.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package, retirement programs, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will help you achieve your professional goals.
The Global Services Group (GSG) is comprised of several interconnected business units which collectively provide service on a global scale, playing a central role in helping American Express achieve its vision of being the world’s most respected service brand.
As part of GSG, the Global Commercial Credit team’s (GCC) vison is to “Provide the world’s best credit and underwriting experience every day”. GCC aims to strike the right balance between helping Corporate Customers in need through a range of workout programs and taking actions to prevent spend that will not be paid back to the Company. The primary focus is to protect and recover American Express’ receivable assets, while delivering on our customer commitment.
This role will report to the Vice President of Global Commercial Credit (GCC) Underwriting and will lead Underwriting Teams based in Phoenix, AZ. The Director of Underwriting will be responsible for an operations team that conducts in-depth credit analysis and underwriting decisions on small and medium-sized entities that have or request credit exposure with American Express. The incumbent will manage multiple teams that conduct in-depth analysis of business and personal financials, industry and country risk coupled with support from internal and external model outputs, as well as a review of company and consumer credit risk-related metrics.
The emphasis is on Commercial customers, but also includes review of personal and international card products. Primary duties include the following:
- Attract, motivate, develop and retain high performing global team of underwriting professionals (team size approx. 100).
- Develop and/or implement effective strategies that drive improvements to decision quality, compliance, production, operational risk and system capabilities
- Work in collaboration with and influence key business partners including Risk Management, American Express National Bank, Business and Account Development
- Thorough understanding of fundamental financial analysis including the ability to review corporate financial statements to determine the ability of the obligor to honor its credit obligations
- Handle customer escalations, and provide detailed responses to senior executives and other business partners.
- Look forward, embrace change, introduce external perspectives and challenge the status quo as Global Commercial Credit moves forward and prepares to win through the next economic cycle
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Commercial Underwriting at a leading financial institution
- Expert underwriting knowledge, financial statement analysis, accounting, economics and finance required
- Proven people leadership experience with the ability to motivate and lead large, geographically dispersed teams
- Proven ability to drive and deliver results in a full range of scorecard dimensions (Shareholder, Customer, Colleague)
- Strong Customer First orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Graduate Degree/MBA preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019, 4:41:20 PM