This position is responsible for driving strategy and growth of the U.S. Consumer Cash Back card products, AXP’s largest card portfolio. In addition to owning the P&L of the card portfolio, the Director will also be responsible for end to end customer experience and marketing, including acquisition offer strategy, any new product enhancements/ development, and management of vintage portfolios. This Director will be responsible for leading a team of product managers to develop and execute strategies with the goal of increasing Card Member acquisition and engagement. This is an exciting time to join and contribute to this critical portfolio for the Blue Box.
Key responsibilities include:
- P&L and products benefit management
- Product line strategy for its target segments
- Benefits strategy & development for product refresh / launch
- Management of loyalty program and vendor relationship
- Definition of design target, consumer insights for product design and communications
- Management of CX from Acquisition and Early Engagement through Retention
- Product voice, brand and marketing consistency across CM lifecycles
- Customer complaint management and resolution
- Integration of partner efforts with Marketing, GABM, Finance, Risk, Technologies, MR and other cross functional partners
- Ideal candidate will be highly strategic with strong project management skills, outstanding leadership skills, excellent communication skills and influence management abilities:
- Strategic thinker with strong financial acumen, analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills with the ability to work with a set of cross-functional partners and communicate across all levels
- Resourceful with strong business judgement
- Prior experience managing complex, cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment to deliver multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Committed people leader with high level of integrity and a track record of developing and inspiring others
- Experience with lending cards and product management preferred
- MBA Preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019, 9:52:01 PM