If you are ready for more than just a job, are not afraid of embracing challenges and setting and exceeding big goals, American Express invites you to share your resume to be considered for future opportunities on the National Client Group team.
Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express that acquires and maintains relationships with merchants who welcome American Express branded cards. Our goal is to be an indispensable payments partner to our partners while simultaneously delivering differentiated products and services that meet or exceed customer needs and drive revenue growth and premium economics for both merchants and American Express.
The National Client Group within Merchant Services – U.S. is responsible for overseeing the largest and most strategic U.S. – based merchants. Our mission is to be warmly welcomed by merchants and help them grow. National Client Group supports a number of verticals including: B2B, Travel & Entertainment and Government, Everyday Spend and Retail. It is a critical priority for the Global Merchant Services business and American Express, and this role offers a prime opportunity to be part of a strategic growth industry at American Express.
The role of the Senior Manager Client Management, Retail offers the opportunity to leverage strong relationship management, consultative selling and strategic thinking and innovation skills to deliver incremental Amex spend while working in a challenging, collaborative environment. The portfolio consists of Merchants across the Department Store, Luxury and Specialty Retail sub-industries.
This position is for a professionally mature business leader who can take ownership of high profile and complex initiatives with multiple senior-level touch points across the company. A robust strategic background, an ability to think innovatively, strong financial and analytical skills, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced and highly complex/matrixed environment is required.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Business Development: Drive profitable charge volume and revenue growth by leveraging knowledge of merchant’s business and industry
· Negotiation Analysis: Develop innovative partnerships and negotiate profitable deal constructs and card acceptance agreements
· Strategy Development: Understand merchant and industry dynamics to develop a strategy to drive business impact
· P&L Management: Optimize client profitability and develop various pricing proposals and strategic growth plans
· Relationship Management: Cultivate and leverage relationships across American Express and the merchant to identify and implement solutions to grow and expand share
- Energetic, enthusiastic, team player
- Experienced relationship manager with proven ability to develop strong client relationships, sell-in B2C and B2B programs and initiatives, and uncover new opportunities to grow revenue and share
- Must demonstrate executive presence internally and externally, with the ability to lead senior level discussions with clients to influence decision-making and driving results
- Demonstrate a great sense of curiosity to generate ideas, problem-solve, and to identify new opportunities for business growth
- Work closely across Amex teams to ensure seamless integration with key partners in Membership Rewards, Marketing, Finance, Pricing, Risk, Operations and Legal
- Proven consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to close deals and drive results on a timely basis
- Experience with negotiations, understanding the financials of card acceptance, industry economics, profitability levers, and strong knowledge of financial statements (income statement, balance sheets and cash flow statements)
- Must be highly customer-focused and results-driven, with the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously both autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong verbal, written, and analytic skills; ability to manage effectively upstream
- Possess the ability to understand the unique challenges facing B2B merchants
- Knowledge of B2B payments landscape and experience developing B2B growth opportunities and marketing promotions
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Role requires ~30-40% travel
We are open to considering successful candidates working out of a home office or at our NYC Headquarters
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019, 3:50:48 AM