Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The GABM organization has a mission to create marketplace demand and driving commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative products, partnerships, marketing and customer experiences. We have an ambitious goal: to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500 and we aim to deliver on that by doing work that is both creative and effective. The American Express Brand Management & Planning (GBMP) team is responsible for defining the enterprise’s global brand strategy and implementing it through various channels, business units and markets. The International Brand Planning team is charged with the development of marketing plans for 360 communications and briefs for key customer segments to support country managers and their teams.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who will primarily be responsible for connecting our global brand strategy across key markets outside the US including UK, Japan, Mexico, Canada, Australia, India and China.
This Vice President will play a collaborative role on behalf of GABM in these markets. They will need to have excellent relationship building skills and proven results leveraging their relationships to execute complex projects in a matrixed organization. They will be a self-starter who can identify strategic connections across the business to support the development of high quality marketing plans and creative briefs that maximize marketing investments, regardless of budget level or channel strategy.
This leader will serve as the brand strategy liaison for marketing VPs across the organization working day-to-day with them to help their organizations succeed in executing on their marketing strategies.
The individual must be able to influence outcomes through collaboration with senior leaders and business partners.
Key responsibilities will include;
Building relationships with key marketing and product leaders across markets and drive global brand strategy initiatives
Work with local market partners to develop marketing plans and key briefs.
Work closely with the Vice President of International Content to drive brand strategy efforts for high priority initiatives
Demonstrated business acumen and ability to identify key business strategies across the markets and make global connections
Manage the Global Marketing Community Calls every month for our international colleagues
date for applications: 11/02/2020
Closing date for applications: 09/03/2020
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proactive, assertive leader comfortable working in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment
- Ability to work with ambiguity and make connections on key strategic priorities across markets and lines of business
- Demonstrated executive presence and an ability to work with SVP+ partners
- Demonstrated experience working with key markets outside the UK for a credit card company with either Australia, Canada, Mexico or Japan
- Experience working in both Business Card Marketing and Consumer Card Marketing
- Experience working in digital performance marketing
- Experience in marketing with charge cards and credit cards
- Experience managing a P&L for a credit card company
- Understands how economics work in for credit cards for both business and consumer cards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional ability to translate ideas and thoughts in written presentations
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think “end-to-end”
- Ability to influence outcomes through collaboration with senior leaders and business partners, and drive change
- Proven and very strong people leadership skills; strong examples of followership
- Strategic, creative and forward thinking
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed and decentralized environment
- A belief in relationships as a way of doing business
- Strong and relevant work experience in a credit card company
- Strong and proven experience working in marketing for credit cards and charge cards
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2020, 10:32:26 AM