American Express Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA&C) is a global team that has a deep understanding of internal and external communications. CA&C uses a variety of programs and platforms to communicate our brand message and key business initiatives to shareholders, colleagues and the community at large. The team supports American Express by creating compelling communication strategies that promote and tell the story of our products and services and how our actions benefit our company and our customers. The CA&C team includes Public Affairs & Media Relations, Colleague Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Executive Meetings & Events.
The Vice President Assistant (VPA) will be a direct report of the Chief Communications Officer (CCO), CA&C. The VPA is responsible for a broad range of activities including strategic communications, various high-level analyses, and human capital initiatives to help ensure business objectives are achieved. The VPA will also be a key member of the CA&C Leadership Team, working closely with the extended leadership team and key business partners. He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, change leadership, communication, and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing, fast paced team environment.
- Balance the management of D2D business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables.
- Manage business planning and operational processes for the CCO’s office, including central management of investments, as well as all CA&C programs and initiatives
- Coordination/Development of robust presentations for key internal and external audiences, including the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, CEO and various management committees, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in Leadership Team meetings: organize event and develop meeting objectives; coordinate off-sites and provide support to Leadership Team on ad hoc projects.
- Provide strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects as required.
- Coordinate with other Executive Committee members’ offices and external entities as required to address deliverables
- Liaise with various partners on behalf of CA&C, including Human Resources, Finance, Global Advertising & Brand Management, Technologies, etc.
- Serve as proxy for the CCO in certain forums, as directed.
- 10-15 years of experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Inclusive leadership style
- Able to build strong relationships with all band levels and work effectively in a collaborative, multi-cultural, team environment
- Experience in change leadership and change management mindset. Able to lead through change and transformation.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can provide strategic thought leadership and lead complex projects with limited guidance
- Strong people leader with the ability to inspire and engage to drive results
- Strong communicator who can effectively influence, multitask and prioritize as business needs evolve
- Strong operational skills with an eye towards finding efficiencies across a large global team
- Experience in setting goals across a team with multiple functions
- Able to drive results in a complex, matrixed environment, and lead through persuasion and expertise with limited direct authority
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and a global perspective
- Exhibits outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Headquarters-based position (NYC)
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019, 11:25:42 AM