American Express Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA&C) is a global team that has a deep understanding of internal and external communications. CA&C uses a variety of programs and platforms to communicate our brand message and key business initiatives to shareholders, colleagues and the community at large. The team supports American Express by creating compelling communication strategies that promote and tell the story of our products and services and how our actions benefit our company and our customers. The CA&C team includes Public Affairs & Media Relations, Colleague Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Executive Meetings & Events.
We are looking for a responsible, professional, and flexible Sr. Executive Assistant who will provide high-quality administrative assistance. This Sr. Executive Assistant will serve as the primary administrative support for the Chief Communications Officer (CCO), CA&C who oversees a global team, and reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Sr. Executive Assistant will also support the Vice President Assistant (VPA) as needed.
The CCO’s office is a dynamic, fast-paced environment and therefore the day-to-day responsibilities require seamless collaboration across a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of American Express. This position is an integral part of the team and needs to be extremely proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of the senior executive and those in need of her time. The ideal candidate must be seasoned and experienced in working in an Executive Office team, handling a wide range of administrative related tasks and be able to work independently and confidently under pressure. Building strong relationships, ability to manage and operate in a dynamic environment, being resourceful and knowing how to navigate large organizations will also be critical to success in this position.
- Manage complex calendar activity: coordination and oversight of internal and external business meetings, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, reserving facilities, audio, telepresence and visual setup, transportation, catering and preparation of meeting materials
- Making complex travel arrangements and itineraries including air, hotel, transfers and visas
- Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports in line with company and organization requirements using Concur Expense System
- Reviewing and evaluating expense reports submitted by Direct Reports for leader approval
- Managing general follow-up and generating reminders to effectively meet deadlines and commitments
- Managing long-term calendar views of critical meetings and events
- Preparing and managing team organization charts
- Reviewing all Ariba and other system requests to CCO prior to approval
- Procuring laptops, office supplies, office space, etc. and managing the procurement process including researching and approving invoices, and researching standard accounting errors
- Time keeping and submission for the CCO’s Executive Office team
- Manage administration including updating distribution lists, onboarding for new hires, setting up group-wide meetings (e.g. Town Halls)
- Manage CCO’s documents in both hard files and online systems
- Support real estate management
- Work closely with the Executive Office team to coordinate CCO office operations
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of executive administrative support experience within a large organization
- Ideally: Experience working in an Executive Office team
- Proven track record of managing executives effectively with a “customer first” mentality and keen attention to the executive’s experience and needs
- Experience supporting global leaders located across multiple time zones
- Ability to operate with a high level of integrity for handling sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to develop and deliver effective verbal and written communications, at all levels of management, colleagues and business contacts, to clearly convey information and/or to influence thinking or action
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to work flexibly, sometimes under pressure
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, work within deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives/tasks
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve issues
- High level of proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as internal AXP (or related) tools and systems – Live Meeting, webcam, phone functions, MS Outlook, Ariba, Concur, Payroll, SharePoint, and myHR
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and networking skills to build and maintain effective professional relationships across all areas of the organization
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with executives and Executive Assistants across the organization
- Must be a team player who excels working in a dynamic environment
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019, 10:50:19 PM