The Data Capabilities and Intelligence (DCI) team is located within Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) at American Express. The DCI team is responsible for managing enterprise-wide financial crime risks across all our global products and services. We oversee the Company’s AML transaction monitoring program and leverage data, technology, and investigative expertise to solve novel, complex, and relevant business concerns. The DCI team is structured under four core functions: Analytics, Decision Science, Intelligence, and Monitoring Rule Development. This role is to join the DCI team as an analyst on the Monitoring Rule Development Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-wide transaction monitoring rules – designed to detect the potential criminal misuse of Amex products and services. The candidate will have a strong analytical background, attention to detail, a passion for leveraging data to solve challenges, and an interest in the field of AML.
- Identify and assess potential money-laundering risks and behaviors associated with Amex products and services;
- Perform statistical analysis on complex data sets to identify patterns of transactional activity indicative of potentially suspicious activity;
- Leverage the results from those analyses to develop transaction monitoring rules (inputs), designed to identify product misuse; test and validate input performance.
- Support efforts to identify and obtain data relevant to input development
- Conduct research on new AML trends and typologies to keep abreast of pertinent developments in the BSA/AML regulatory landscape.
- Support the maintenance of all monitoring rule documentation and respond to ad-hoc requests to support business and/or compliance efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science or a research driven field (Master’s degree is a plus).
Demonstrated experience in SQL (≥1 year) and statistical programming (≥1 year in SAS, Python or R).
Excellent analytical skills with a solid understanding of common statistical techniques/methodologies (e.g. descriptive statistics, linear/logistic regression, times series analyses).
Strong communication skills with the ability to present and translate analytical results into clear actionable insights for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to collaborate with Amex business, compliance and technology partners.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019, 11:01:00 PM