Commercial Credit - Team Leader - High Balance:
Leaders are responsible to support their people in a dynamic, ever changing environment. This is a critical role, as they inspire and motivate their team through coaching and development. They are responsible for looking for ways to make their best employee even more effective, to turn around poor performers and enhance the skills of the average performer. As part of GSG, the Global Commercial Credit team (GCC) vison is to “Provide the world’s best credit and underwriting experience every day”. GCC aims to strike the right balance between helping Commercial clients and customers in need through offering a range of financial advisory services, repayment programs and taking actions to prevent spend that will not be paid back to the Company. The High Balance Team Leader will lead a high-profile team with extensive knowledge and unique case handling strategies that allows them to build strong relationships with our clients while providing powerful solutions that are a win all around.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
This position manages a high priority team that is focused on building relationships with the clients while mitigating losses at an Obligor level. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be familiar with effective negotiation techniques that support a strong relationship with clients and business partners.
- Daily responsibilities include but not limited to evaluating the workflow and coordinate work activity to ensure inventory completion goals are met.
- Manages difficult conversations with the clients and coaches the team to resolve, while balancing risk and the customer experience.
- Accountable for driving results to raise the bar on key metrics and effectively manage strategies to reach performance goals.
- Work closely with a team of professionals in restructuring commercial debt.
- Effectively communicate the status of the business, progress against goals and ensure that direct reports are well informed about issues that affect them and customers.
- Effectively communicate with senior leaders in a clear and concise manner with the ability to deliver strong presentations capturing relevant details about critical clients to the Weekly High Balance Forum.
- Provide focused coaching including but not limited to call monitoring, real time feedback and resolution of escalated issues.
- Actively provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- The candidate will be an experienced credit decision maker with strong understanding of risk assessment techniques such as risk rating & probability of default, financial statement analysis, industry evaluation and general macroeconomic environment impacts.
- Ideal Candidate should have a proven successful track record of delivering projects on time and should have a demonstrated ability to achieve and surpass goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Candidate must have a current actionable and quantifiable development plan focused on personal and professional development.
- The successful applicant is results oriented, demonstrates enthusiasm, resilience under stress, and a will to win attitude.
- Be able to build strong relationships, drive continuous process improvement and handle multiple priorities.
- Effective coaching and training skills are required.
- Strong time management, organizational and follow through skills.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations and the need to be compliant with internal or external guidelines and rules.
- Display highest level of integrity when dealing with customers, colleagues and processes.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 1:46:57 AM