Commercial Underwriting is one of the business units within Global Commercial Credit. This team works to limit exposure, and take actions to prevent spending that will not be paid back, while building upon the customer’s relationship with American Express. Team Leaders in Underwriting will work to service their people in a dynamic, ever changing environment. They inspire and motivate their team through coaching and development. They are responsible for looking for ways to make their best employee even more effective. They act as change agents and are a critical resource for enabling and motivating their team to deliver extraordinary customer care, while consistently improving team results.
This leader is responsible for coaching and developing a phone team of 10-20 Underwriting Coordinators who collect financial documents and facilitate the underwriting process for Consumer and Commercial customers. This leader will also be responsible for floor management, ensuring proper production levels, training, and retaining employees. They will regularly communicate the status of the business, progress against goals and ensure that direct reports are well informed about issues that affect them and their customers. The coaching they provide will include call monitoring, real time feedback and resolution of escalated issues. This leader will ensure accuracy and quality of service through workflow observance. Provide frequent feedback and direction to staff by assessing overall skill and readiness levels. Drive continuous improvement of the operation and manage change effectively to motivate and retain employees. This leader is accountable for effectively driving the key metrics including but not limited to productivity, quality, and compliance.
Operating hours are Monday – Friday 5:30am – 5:30pm
The successful applicant is results oriented, demonstrates enthusiasm, resilience under stress, and a will to win attitude. This individual must be customer oriented and willing to help people. They must also be able to build strong relationships, drive continuous process improvement and handle multiple priorities. They need to be an analytical thinker, problem solver and decision maker.
Candidate should show desire to take on additional tasks, and have flexibility in work assignments based on business needs. Effective coaching, training and development of others are required as well as having strong time management, organizational and follow through skills.
- Leadership experience managing teams of 10-20 individuals in a fast paced call center environment Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to effectively teach strong decision making skills ensuring profitability while maximizing recovery, or resolving escalations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team effort with solid relationship skills
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams
- Effective oral/written communication skills with all levels of management
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations, credit line decisions and processes and the need to be compliant with internal or external guidelines and rules
- Attention to detail
- Displays highest level of integrity when dealing with customers/employees and processes
- Experience coaching to call model adherence and improving customer metrics
- PC skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019, 12:35:17 AM