American Express’s Global Commercial Services group manages the top Corporate Clients across various industries. The Manager, Global Account Development is responsible for the overall growth, retention and deepening of client relationships within strategic accounts. Qualified candidate must provide proactive consultation to enhance customer relationships and to drive program growth, profitability, client satisfaction and ongoing retention
Overall responsibilities include:
- Create strategic vision, action plans and set goals in a manner that will encourage opportunities for global expansion and cross selling.
- Ownership of global strategic business plan that incorporate strategies and actions for penetrating relationships across business units and service units including metrics of success and regular, formal reviews.
- The retention and expansion of a portfolio of Global Commercial Card accounts
- Proactive consultation to enhance customer relationships and to drive program growth, profitability, client satisfaction and ongoing retention.
- Maintain detailed understanding of the customers’ business, their organizational goals and objectives.
- Accountability in developing broad and deep relationships at all levels organizationally and globally- both internally and externally.
- Understand and communicate the American Express premium value we deliver on a customer by customer basis with formal quantification of that unique value.
- Work with key contacts across American Express to cross-sell complimentary products and services including those designed for Commercial Card customers, as well as other American Express products.
- Consult with client and interface with key linkages and operations to ensure that service quality and contractual obligations are met/exceeded.
- Resolve issues using formal project and or action plans when required.
- Proactively provide expertise on policies, bench-marking, and recommendations to optimize programs, reduce costs and drive efficiencies for clients.
- Interpret and analyze client P&Ls to create consultative strategies to improve key drivers and margin
- Experience in developing and managing a pipeline of multiple opportunities, researching and understanding customer needs and planning strategically to progress the pipeline through solutions selling
- Ability to develop, execute and complete a Work Plan, Strategy and Action Plan. Show the skill set to assemble and deliver a presentation telling a clear, concise story aimed at the specific outcome(s) with Procurement, Finance and Treasury professionals
- Strong project management skills to facilitate SME involvement in designing and implementing effective programs
- Proven relationship management skills demonstrating a comfort level and effectiveness in seeking out and establishing relationships at C levels and within cross-functional areas within Fortune 500 companies
- Understand, discuss, negotiate, explain and present products, economics and financials
- Ability to lead discussions and influence decisions
- Maturity of judgement in client and internal situations
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively leverage internal resources
- Strong customer service skills and responsiveness
- Polished, professional negotiation and selling skills
- Solid knowledge of Global Corporate Payments products and services
- Bachelor’s/MBA degree preferred, but will highly consider business experience
- Minimum of five years of Commercial Card Relationship Mgmt/Consulting/Sales experience
- Understanding of Procure-to-Pay processes and Accounting/ERP Systems
- Project management skills and experience
- Broad understanding of the competitive environment within the Commercial Card and P2P space
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019, 11:58:19 AM