Team Overview: The Global Merchant and Network (GMNS) team is focused on growing the American Express business in nearly 150 international markets and the U.S.GMNS includes our international proprietary merchant acquiring business, and bank partners who issue American Express-branded cards and acquire merchants on to the American Express network. It also includes tech support units like InAuth and centralized enablement teams. GMNS offers an array of best-in-class products and services, including charge, credit and co-brand cards, coalition loyalty, merchant acquiring servicing, and small business services, and some bank partners offer corporate cards, prepaid and debit products.
The Global Network Services, Asia (GNS Asia) team is the bank partnership arm within the GMNS organization. The team is set up to accelerate the growth of the Blue Box issuing and acquiring business through developing and growing strategic bank partnerships in the region. The partnerships span across Independent Operator markets (where the entire market is franchised to the partner including Consumer, Corporate and Acquiring businesses) and proprietary markets (where the partner has a Network Card License to issue cards to expand American Express brand).
- Business Development – Maintain and grow the Network Card Licence bank / Independent Operator acquiring bank partnership business in Asia mainly Singapore , Hong Kong , Bangkok,Laos and Taiwan
- Relationship Management – Develop strategic relationships with key decision-makers within the bank partners, build strong multi-level relationships across the partners’ organization and ensure alignment within GNS Asia’s as well as in market's strategy and financial model
- Partnership Value – Develop and increase network value to our partners through value sell and deepen Amex’s presence within Bank partners network
- Key Deliverables – Provide strategic thought expertise to generate new business volume and marginal contribution in delivering key performance indicators, namely, New Cards Acquisition, Billings, Acquiring Charge Volume, Revenue and Expenses targets
- Drive Consumer Card Issuing:
- Competitive Analysis - assess competitive trends in the Card and Acquiring environment
- Product Line Strategy - Establish clear product line strategy with bank partner to drive consumer take up and engagement
- Business Opportunities – Identify and follow up on opportunities that will drive significant market growth, deepen the relationship with partners and optimise overall profitability of the relationship
- Support Credit Card , Airline Co Brand Card, Corporate Card Issuing and Merchant Acquiring
- Be the on-ground support and follow-up on key projects and initiatives
- Execute point-of-sale strategy and mystery shopping to detect suppression / surcharge issues, coverage gaps etc.
- Service delivery – Partner with cross functional teams to ensure consistent delivery of services to bank partner to support their business needs and continuous process improvements for efficiency
- Compliance / Brand – Adherence to compliance, business policies, procedures, service standards, brand and product guide-lines.
- Motivated and driven self starter with ability to get things done
- Ability to act as a strategic thought leader and influence key stakeholders from the bank partners
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- External orientation with the ability to perceive, assess and deliver customer needs
- Outstanding matrix management skills, with the ability to engage and lead cross-functional teams across the organisation without direct reporting lines
- Ability to convert strategy into clear, actionable initiatives with track record of driving results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise across diverse requirements and deliver to partner-driven timeframes
- Strong understanding of the drivers of profitability for Card and Acquiring Business
- Have the ability to inspire and lead others without direct authority
- Ability to create opportunities and work in ambiguous and challenging environment
- At least 5 years of experience in Card Payments or Retail Banking in Asia
- Product development and Merchant acquiring experience is a plus
- Ability to speak at least Cantonese or Mandarin will be helpful given the markets involved in addition to English is required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019, 2:27:29 AM