Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This is a Financial Controller role based in London/Burgess Hill, supporting the Network Payments business, principally the Japan, Asia and Pacific region. We are looking for a commercially minded, qualified accountant to join the Global Controllership team to partner with business leaders as they seek to grow the existing Network business and continue expansion into new geographies.
Lead and take full responsibility for the review of potential deal constructs and assess both the contract accounting under USGAAP and financial operations implications
Strong communication skills are a must to deliver advice to business leaders on appropriate structures that will achieve the business and control objectives
Partner across Business, Finance, Risk and other functional areas on contract terms and structure
Liaise with external auditors reviewing our partnerships for compliance to contracts
Support Controllership transformational initiatives and projects
Ownership of the quarterly segment balance sheet review and reporting process to certify accurate accounting
Facilitate USGAAP training to Finance and Business partners on key transaction accounting topics.
The ideal candidate would be coming from practice into industry and keen to advance their career further
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of USGAAP technical accounting, qualified accountant (or equivalent); awareness and application of key new USGAAP standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to determine approved technical accounting conclusions to support key business strategies
- Proven track record in building strong relationships and influencing without authority, coupled with strong communication and influencing skills at multiple seniority levels
- Ability to present complex accounting guidance to non finance leaders
- Must be strong at multi-tasking and collaborating across functional areas
- Ability to balance technical accounting expertise with an appreciation for the big picture and business objectives
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2019, 3:03:03 PM