Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Sr. Product Manager Job Description
The Enterprise Platforms Loyalty and Benefits organization is looking for a talented and experienced product owner to drive the transformation of Rewards for earn and bonusing within our global Card Member capabilities.
products support the Issuing Business growth and compliance needs with high
stability and very high volume transactions. The transformation will drive
efficiency and improvements in agility, cost, innovation and speed to market.
As the Sr. Product Manager for Rewards Platforms, you will have one direct report, working side by side with engineering teams to prioritize the backlog, develop user stories and collaborate to deliver on loyalty initiatives.
You will also be responsible for weighing initiatives against opportunity costs, feasibility, and product roadmaps. A key part of this role will be to build and foster a culture of agility and product ownership in close partnership with technology and business teams.
- Establish a robust product strategy using inputs from market research as well as analysis from internal stakeholders such as marketing, compliance, architecture etc.
- Deep engagement and consultation with various business teams to understand current and future needs.
- Build robust understanding of payment and loyalty domain as well as competitive landscape.
- Build and actively manage a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business teams.
- Manage work allocation of scrum teams by translating features into prioritized user stories and also by tight coordination with other Product Owners
- Full participation in and support of agile practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple teams in creating solutions to business needs.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap
- Hands on experience in building a distributed technology stack as well as transition from mainframe to distributed
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Proven experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to optimal requirements
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages is desirable
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products is desirable
Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in
the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019, 9:43:19 AM