Why American Express
a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160
years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and
resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
live life without it.
- Building the next generation of enterprise frameworks for American Express technology teams
- Working with engineering and product teams to identify needs and implement solutions
- Contributing to enterprise architecture strategy including establishment of best practices for engineering teams across the company
- Helping to define and refine resource-oriented APIs for core company capabilities
- Owning your own time, and working well both independently and as part of a team.
- Driving agile, CI/CD and DevOps best practices to launch, iterate and quickly make a difference
- Providing hands-on expertise and thought leadership from ideation and initiation through to on-call production support
- Java 8+
- Reactive programming
- Agile development practices
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Technical fluency - an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your insights
- Experience with testing frameworks like JUnit and Jest. Also, a strong focus on writing tests for your own code.
- Strong sense of REST API design fundamentals to produce flexible, composable interfaces
- Hands-on experience with a variety of database technologies, including RDBMS and No-SQL
- Love for dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to achieve great results
- A “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in
the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 12:52:00 PM