At American Express we provide a service of excellence; our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Strategic Planning Sr. Manager Argentina, International Dollar Card & International Insurance Services to perform in the Intl Consumer Services business unit of American Express.
This Manager will lead the Strategic Planning Team to help the Business to achieve:
- Flawlessly meet customer expectations and stakeholder obligations complying with local and global regulations.
- Lead and coordinate the SQP process to obtain the best results and assessments of the Consumer investments.
- Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships within Consumer Services, across business lines, and with key contacts Local, Regional, International and globally to ensure coordinated and collaborative working to meet strategic objectives.
- Act as a liaison with Finance especially for the Plan and Forecast. Work with an alignment spirit with the other Lines of Business.
- Gathers information from different business areas, conducts analysis and prepares business presentations.
- Has to support Consumer Services along with the Business Planning process providing the financial and business analysis that supports the strategy.
- Drives implementation of Strategic Initiatives ensuring key project updates are tracked and delivered on time.
- Coordinates cross line of business initiatives.
- Coordinates Business Intelligence Team.
- Assist Presidential Office with presentations, market visits and every requirement.
- Coordinates Country Executive Team.
- Support monthly results reporting, forecasting and budget activities.
- Successfully manage and build cross-functional relationships across multiple Line of business.
- Strong partnership skills working closely with the commercial team to align and develop business strategies.
- P&L management.
- Business Investments analysis and administration.
- Lead and actively participate in ad-hoc Business projects.
- Ensure business transformation goal and reporting.
- Provides Business Intelligence information in order to support decisions.
- Assists in the development of long range objectives and strategic plans for the corporation or its major lines of business by identifying internal or external strategic opportunities, affecting growth and profitability.
- In charge of Consumer BCP Plan.
- Lead Business and market Presentations, Visits and requirements.
- Lead Cross LOBs on ownership assignment, assessment, documentation, and creating and driving robust and effective resolution plans.
- Ensuring the execution of robust plans and processes to ensure flawless execution.
- The incumbent will be responsible for leading any changes needed to meet business objectives aligned with company guidelines and local regulations.
- Ensure that all identified risks, has a remediation plan owned by each BU’s or Support group, follow that target dates and plans are execute as planned.
- Lead and collaborate in deploying companies’ practices, processes and standards from other markets. Support the market’s management in identifying potential risks using and supporting the follow up analysis through assessment of risk appetite and creation/monitoring of actions to reduce residual risk as required.
- The position should work together with compliance, GCO and business partners to ensure clear guidelines to perform the business in all business units and staffs groups.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- Advanced English Language.
- University degree. MBA desired.
- Proven experience in Business Planning & operational excellence initiatives.
- Strong mix of analytical skills and strategic thinking with a demonstrated ability to drive business results.
- Strong Financial Acumen, Presentation Skills and follow-up and planning skills.
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Power Point and Word).
- Knowledge about Business Intelligence & Big data.
- Knowledge about American Express.
- Supreme ethical standards to handle sensitive information.
- Customer awareness and service deliver focus and strong sense of financial integrity.
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Modeling, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Ability to build and lead a high-performance team.
- Solid project management and organizational skills including attention to detail, handling multiple priorities, managing tight timelines, driving flawless execution.
- Proven ability to build and leverage relationships in order to influence internal and external partners across multiple work streams.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019, 12:11:30 PM