The Global Merchant Services Global Client Group (GCG) owns a portfolio of our most significant merchant relationships. This group is very unique within American Express, partnering globally to develop and implement opportunities that deepen these strategic merchant partnerships. With a highly talented team spanning the world, the GCG team collaborates across American Express to drive initiatives to grow our merchant business.
As a Senior Manager in the Global Merchant Services- Global Client Group, you will be responsible for both managing the day-to-day merchant relationships and supporting the strategy to drive global growth in charge volume, revenue, and merchant engagement with Delta Airlines. Additionally, you will be supporting your international colleagues to drive US Charge volume on several international carriers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- End-to-end global account management of merchant relationships, which includes managing the day-to-day relationships (i.e. marketing, operations, merchant reporting requests/ inquiries), as well as developing holistic strategies which deepen American Express’ profitability, relevance and engagement with these strategic partnerships.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (e.g. Strategic Partnerships, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Risk, Network Operations, and Pricing) to negotiate contract renewals and manage all aspects of the merchant relationship.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet and exceed American Express and merchant goals.
- Drive optimization of contractual Marketing Funds to support charge volume growth.
- Identify and build a pipeline of charge volume growth opportunities to increase profitability/ margin contribution of merchant relationship, and improve merchant satisfaction.
- Deliver against quantifiable scorecard goals by leveraging American Express assets to drive AXP revenue while also meeting merchant needs.
- Knowledge of the airline industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Adept interpersonal skills and excellent oral/written communication skills a must.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability and track record of driving results; entrepreneurial approach to business.
- Proven ability to build, manage, influence and deepen external and internal relationships.
- Experience working across business units and executive levels.
- Experience working in, or with, international markets is valued.
- Team player who enjoys working in a fun, smart, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Travel approximately 10%.
- MBA preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019, 2:42:01 PM