Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
The Global Treasury Controllership (GTC) is part the Global Controllership Organization and is responsible for providing comprehensive global debt, derivative and investment transaction middle office services supporting Treasury & Controllership.
Purpose of the Role:
The Trade Support team is a key component of GTC, responsible for covering an important part of FX derivative lifecycle. This includes FX derivatives transaction capture, confirmation with external banks, settlement of FX trades on maturity date tracking and accounting & reporting of FX derivatives taken to hedge the foreign exchange exposure resulting from cross-currency transactions within American Express Company and its subsidiaries. FX trades are taken in 20 currencies with 40 external banks. The position will also be responsible for supporting critical business initiatives like M&A, LE Restructuring, I/C loans changes, dividend payout etc and partner closely with teams like Treasury operations, LEM, AET, TMS vendor to provide FX related consultancy.
• Perform daily validation of FX trades executed by front office team to comply with Volcker Policy
• Confirmation of FX trades on real time basis with external banks
• Daily settlement of FX trades on the maturity date ensuring funds move out of Amex accounts as per currency cut off
• Accounting of settlement of FX trades as per GAAP requirements and derivative policy.
• Build good knowledge of Treasury Management System (TMS), FX instruments like Forward, Swap etc and hedging strategies
• Maintain robust controls to ensure compliance with SOX, Dodd Frank regulations, Derivative policies and other AXP internal guidelines
• Lead and participate in projects related to Treasury/Business partner driven initiatives by providing appropriate cash management & Fx solutions.
• Identify simplification and automation opportunities and work towards implementing the
• Manage accounting and reconciliation of open items of bank CCIDs used for FX trasactions
Shift Timings:11:30 am-7:30 pm
Critical Factors to Success:
Ensure all trade support activities are completed accurately and within stipulated timelines. Inaccuracy and delay has financial impacts on Amex
3+ years in Finance
Any treasury experience would be an advantage
Qualified accountant or other equivalent finance certification (M.com, ACA, ACCA, CPA, etc); Degree in Finance/Accounting an advantage
Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail
Able to challenge status quo & effectively communicate to leadership, auditors and regulators
Strong analytical skills and ability to connect business drivers
Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence without direct control
•Knowledge on technical areas of ASC 830 (FAS 52) related to Currency Remeasurement & Translation and ASC 815 (FAS 133) related to FX Hedge Accounting.
• Strong accounting skills, analysis and reporting
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of Oracle Accounting and reporting tools.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Shift Timings:11:30 am-7:30 pm
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019, 4:33:05 AM