Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- An innovative, experienced, and talented software engineer to help force disruption in an outdated software environment and accelerate its pace of change.
- This Jedi will be helping lead the charge at American Express to modernize an aging enterprise architecture using the latest and greatest in technologies and tools.
- Our team is focused on innovating from the ground up.
- We are introducing domain specific micro-service based architectures using docker and other container technologies.
- While what language you speak is less important than your innovative mind-set and flexible brain, Java is the current dialect, and "Full-stack" is a philosophical imperative.
- Serve as a mentoring member of Agile teams that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs software applications and tests
- Design and develop software applications, translating user needs into systems architecture.
- Assess and validate application performance and integration of component systems and provide process flow diagrams.
- Be very hands-on coding and doing code reviews. Test the engineering resilience of software and automation tools.
- Architect, design, prototype solutions to support business strategies, deliver business value, and shape technology strategies.
- Provide architectural thought leadership on application platforms, translate strategic vision into business capabilities and an appropriate design for project delivery, and resolve architectural issues across project teams.
- Drive consistent development practices with tools and common components.
- Build strong relationships with Business and Technology Partners.
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains.
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
5 to 8 years experience in multiple IT disciplines with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (data, technical and solution), issues and trends
Proven hands-on experience with object-oriented design and coding skills across a variety of platforms and languages including Java, J2EE, and Go Lang.
Experience with open-source technologies such as Drools, Kafka and Zookeeper
Experience NoSQL technologies such as Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
Experience with API development using REST/JSON and API gateways like APIGEE
Hands-on ability to build quick prototype / visuals to assist with high level product concepts, capabilities, and epic stories
Experience in designing high volume, scalable, and high performance systems using industry best practices, tools, and technologies
Experience with automated release management using tools, technologies, and frameworks like Maven, Subversion, Git, Jenkins
Proficient in identifying and applying software design patterns
Experience in Agile methodology
Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in
the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019, 7:30:40 PM