There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey that is driven by an energetic team of high performers. This is a great opportunity to join Finance Data Engineering Technology team where we partner with Finance business team to drive strategic vision across a broad set of products.
This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the technical hands-on expertise, engineering mindset and desire to deliver innovative solutions for finance business then come and join the Finance Data Engineering team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for driving development of technology solutions for robotics process automation and smart process automation specifically in the area of advanced & standard accounting, machine learning, data science, chatbots, workflow orchestration, other similar solution
• Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems on Machine Learning, Data Science, Python, Deployment on PaaS, knowledge of Docker, knowledge of CI/CD
• Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices w.r.t. tools, common components, and documentation
• Typically spends 80% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
• Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other Amex systems and platforms within the supported domains
• The Individual is expected to be at top of the market landscape and local priorities by proactively engaging with business partners learning about their priorities and supporting them in key strategic areas.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s/master’s Degree in engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
• 8+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in one or more technologies
• Strong programming skills in MACHINE LEARNING (PYTHON, SPARK).
• Strong programming skills in WEB DEVELOPMENT React/Node, R/Shiny, Python/Django
• Strong programming skills in RESTFUL API Integration
• Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development method
• Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
• Displays understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques and their application
• Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve unstructured and complex business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/stakeholders in a succinct and concise manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with finance team, enterprise technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019, 2:47:02 AM