The conversational AI/customer data science team in Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) organization is looking to hire an NLP (Natural Language Processing) data scientist. The major focus is on building machine learning solutions to power the customer-facing Ask Amex Chatbot and other NLP oriented use cases across the company. We are looking for candidates who have extensive knowledge and practical experiences in statistical modeling, machine learning and programming, and possess great passions for research and innovation. Candidates with practical NLP modeling experiences are strongly preferred.
What type of work will I do?
You will be working with a group of enthusiastic data scientists/machine learning researchers to develop end-to-end NLP solutions, which will be used to improve customer experiences of our business product (e.g. chatbot). You will have the opportunity to apply cutting-edge algorithms (e.g. BERT) in one of the most dynamic and challenging fields in machine learning. The major responsibilities include:
- Build NLP models to deeply understand customers’ general intention as well as unique subtleties to enable personalized responses.
- Research latest NLP related academic papers and test nascent ideas which can potentially solve new business problems and enhance existing solutions.
- Explore rich conversation databases to discover new topics/patterns to unlock new business opportunities and drive innovation.
- Work with product owners to revolutionize the product and content design with a data-driven approach.
- Collaborate with tech partners to test, implement and deploy modeling solutions to production system.
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level, team members and partners.
How can I be qualified for this role?
Self-driven, persistent and team-playing. We are looking for candidates who have true passion in data science, machine learning and NLP, can consistently try out new ideas, and embrace challenges, opportunities or even risks/uncertainties. Recommended qualifications can be found as follows:
- Masters/PhDs in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operation Research and etc.) with hands-on experience leveraging sophisticated analytical and machine learning techniques. PhD degree with practical experiences NLP is a significant plus.
- Expertise in an analytical language (Python, R, or the equivalent), and experience with databases (Hive, SQL, or the equivalent).
- Prior experience working with TB scale datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark, or the equivalent).
- Deep understanding of machine learning/statistical algorithms such as neural networks, boosting and reinforcement learning. Experience with data visualization is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to frame business problems into mathematical programming problems, leverage external thinking and tools (from academia and/or other industries) to engineer a solution and deliver business insights.
- Team player with strong communication and leadership skills.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2019, 3:48:11 PM