Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Site Reliability Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial operations team of Enterprise Personalization and Digital Demand Generation portfolio focused on delivering the next generation global Personalization capabilities (Prospect & Customer Marketing) using cutting edge Machine Learning Models and Big Data technologies.
This portfolio is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Python, Pig & Java. This young team has delivered industry leading products with many firsts in the organization. Today we support 21+ channels (including Web, Mobile, Voice, Email), daily volume of ~11MM transactions a day and support content across Card, Servicing, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product with a focus on driving omni-channel experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth for the organization.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Remediate Level 1 technology issues directly through execution of standard operating procedures
- Participate and assist with service restoration and proactive bridge calls
- Support Mission Control efforts of major product launches and critical changes through monitoring and customized presentation layer
- Manage escalation of all incidents to operations or development teams
- Management of critical outage information and facilitate tech bridges in a high pressure setting
- Deliver excellence in customer service through situation analysis and timely resolve of escalating events per Stand Operation Procedures.
- Provide procedural and tools training, technical guidance, and direction to ECC technicians.
- Monitor adherence of ticket documentation according to Standard Operating and/or Incident Management Procedures
Are you up for the challenge?
- 4+ years IT working experience in the areas of Application Performance Management and/or application monitoring
- Experience with application technologies (J2EE, .NET, Citrix, Microservices)
- Experience with database technologies (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL)
- Experience with Big Data technologies (HIVE,SPARK)
- Good understanding of distributed applications
- Good understanding of Elastic Search
- Good understanding of Caching data Solutions
- Ability to address complex application environments to provide customers with clear guidance on implementation strategy and potential performance improvements
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with minimal supervision and direction
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with ability to develop written presentations for senior leadership.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and a passion to learn new technology
- Must have solid presentation and writing skills as well as experience with creating professional reports and deliverables
- Must be a highly motivated energetic self-starter who excels in fast-paced, dynamic, team environments and committed to getting results
- General understanding of ITIL methodology
- 2+ years of hands on experience on configuring Splunk dashboards, Alerts setup
- Good understanding of Linux OS commands
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2019, 1:22:24 PM