Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Technology is central to our business at American Express. When joining American Express Technology, you’ll focus on creating a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. We’re really excited about the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and we want to harness them to help our customers do and achieve more.
Our Apprenticeship Programme has been designed to nurture our next generation of technical specialists and leaders. We’ll provide you with continuous training and development, 20% in house classroom based training with 80% on the job learning. With a tailored development plan and opportunities to increase your skills throughout, you'll receive support in your placement team from your leader, buddy and mentor to aid you in securing a permanent role in one of our teams, a competitive salary along with other generous benefits.
- Develop Software as part of a team
- Contribute to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, internal end user applications, and also learn Agile methodologies.
- Be offered opportunities to learn both as part of the apprenticeship and as an American Express employee.
Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
Provide support for ongoing production application availability
Review requirements/ user stories and corresponding designs
Contribute to software builds from software source code management repository
Participate in code reviews and automated build script testing
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2020 and should you be shortlisted the Discovery Day will take place on 19th February 2020
- A Levels preferably grade B or above (or equivalent ie BTEC) in STEM related subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) or equivalent experience
- Some prior coding knowledge/experience in at least one programming language
- Fluent English communication
- Strong passion for technology
- Committed to learning new techniques, skills and frameworks
- Good communication skills, pro-active, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
Health care scheme
Defined contribution pension plan
Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
Employee Discount Portal
Back up childcare/adultcare
Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2019, 11:34:38 AM