General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
This is a growing in-house team that is looking to fill multiple paralegal positions. Candidates for the position should have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in progressive/broad based US business immigration practices.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Interact with and advise senior leadership on complex immigration matters and provide top notch immigration strategic analysis.
- Lead and partner with cross-functional stakeholders on team projects to improve immigration function and client servicing
- Prepare US employment-based, NIV and IV visa filings to US Dept. of Labor, USCIS, DOS, and CBP.
- Gather and review immigration eligibility documents and strategically analyze individuals’ potential immigration options/benefits, including green card eligibility in the EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 preference category and H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, E-3, TN qualifications. Responding to NIV RFE’s
- Communicate clearly and effectively, and independently on immigration benefits, government procedures, and case processing time lines.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking visa expiration dates and filing deadlines for assigned cases.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- 3+ years of progressive work experience preparing US nonimmigrant filings (including H-1Bs, L-1A/L-1Bs, E-3s, and TNs), as well as US immigrant filings, including EB-2 and EB-3 I-140s, Multi-national Manager and Adjustment of Status Applications
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and communicate effectively with clients and governmental agencies, serving as a primary point of contact with the ability to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive matters
- Prefer 2 years of current hands-on L-1 experience within overall work experience
- Experience with LawLogix case management system is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Location: You’ll be based in Sunrise, FL
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely on a limited basis after reasonable tenure with the team
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2020, 8:53:25 AM