You know more than the code, you know quality.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. They are experts in automation, testing and quality assurance, and they are driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality code is released. Because that is what our business and our customers depend on.
You know more than the code, you know quality.
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. As a Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Work with Engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing.
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity.
- Create, maintain and execute Test cases/scripts at any level as required (Unit, Integration, Component Integration, System Integration, Exploratory).
- Validate and report on test results for software quality improvement.
- Coordinate “Quality at Every Step” – Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations.
- Work with Product Owners to prioritize features, maintain documentation and known issues.
- Reviews progress and makes recommendations for areas of opportunities/improvements for automation & tool usage.
- Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify and illuminate risks to the whole team when identified at any stage of planning or development.
- Coordinate with other QAEs to ensure a consistent messaging across the platform as it relates to Quality.
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate.
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement.
- Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects.
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC.
- 2-3 yrs Experience with Webdriver based Test Automation APIs (Selenium or WebdriverIO or Nightmare.js etc.).
- 2-3 yrs experience developing automation frameworks. Ability to learn and make enhancements to an existing automation framework.
- 2-3 yrs experience in unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Experience with Postman or SoapUI for web service testing.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery environment and platforms, especially Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience leading teams both onshore and offshore.
- Thorough understanding of software testing and the ability to be self-driven and lead team members to accomplish all testing tasks.
- Bonus: Experience with JMeter or other load or performance test tools.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019, 4:22:54 PM