There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Create a better experience for you and our users.
At American Express, we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday by offering a differentiated set of products. Whether it’s through our credit cards, travel services, or rewards program, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a modern and digitally connected world. One Amex is an exciting new suite of products that enables fast, scalable and consistent application development for the enterprise. We apply cutting edge frameworks and open-source principles to help our fellow product, design, tech, and analytics partners solve problems and innovate to deliver a seamless customer experience across channels.
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer (UX) to help drive and realize the creative vision across the platform products that bring our enterprise solutions to all of American Express. Our designers know it’s not enough to help people get things done, you need to help them get it done in the best way possible. If you’re in to designing a better journey for every user from beginning to end, start here. After all, we’re the company that built our entire business on delivering the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
As a part of our fast-moving, agile team, you’ll be responsible for the user experience, including:
- Transforming ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users
- Creating detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personas, usability testing stimulus, and site maps
- Working closely with multi-disciplinary teams to brainstorm and create concepts for mobile, tablet and desktop environments
- Being a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
Are you up for the challenge?
- +5 years of product design / interaction design experience designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences highly preferred
- Fluency with design tools, most notably Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision and/or other UX & prototyping software
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
- Ability to synthesize and focus ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets for users
- Good understanding of design thinking and ability to be comfortable with ambiguity
- Relentless desire to continually iterate and improve
- Passion and advocacy for a customer-first approach
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate challenges
- Ability to be self-sufficient, prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Iterative Product Design Planning and Development
- Design Thinking
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Design Industry Trends
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019, 2:16:42 PM