Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This role will focus on providing payments consulting driven by merchant demand.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering against strategic business objectives by providing consultative payment solution and deliver it into merchants, third party processors in order for merchant to accept American Express card.
This Payments Consultant also build and manage relationship strategically with payment processors and local industry board members.
- Provide effective payment solution consultation to merchants to achieving card acceptance at the merchants. The solution includes POS EMV and contactless terminal enablement, certification/ testing and Safekey enablement.
- In conjunction with payment solution consultation, support AMEX Japan merchant payment process strategy development & preparation for periodical Business Reviews
- Manage and drive effective payment solution enablement project
- Manage key strategic projects by working with cross-functional teams, aimed at driving towards profitable and sustainable results for AMEX merchant service Japan.
- Manage relationship with payment processing partners, such as payment service providers, POS terminal manufactures, payment industry board members.
- Interface between AMEX Merchant Service Japan and AMEX global functions to ensure payment transaction processing
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Minimum of 5 years of analytical and business consultative experience
• Consultative sales/technical solution building skills
• Relationship building/management skills
• Credit Card Payment Processing knowledge is plus
• Solid written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in both Japanese and in English
• Driving skill to manage and lead projects and to manage issue resolution
• Ability to build and leverage strong relationship with both internal and external customers in both Japanese and in English
• High proficiency in both Japanese and English languages
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2019, 2:27:19 AM