Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
We are a newly formed group within American Express creating innovative products that leverage the power of AI and Machine Learning to bring world class natural language capabilities to the American Express Information Security Digital Assistant platform.
We are like a start-up inside a large company with a big charter and lot of creative freedom. We have assembled some of the smartest people in the industry and are growing this team.
If you are
looking for an exciting new opportunity as a product specialist to help solve
difficult problems, be creative, create success for customers, and engage with
the product team to do innovative research, you are looking at the right job
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about NLU, Text, Speech, and Image Processing
- Your primary focus will be on working with the architects and engineers in the organization to build a reusable framework for chatbots
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops new chatbot and integrations using the best engineering practices
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending most of time actually writing code and unit tests, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to
fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
- Challenging the status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions using conversational UI
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices and consistent framework usage
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent 3-4 years of work experience
- HTML/CSS and Mobile development on Android/iOS is a plus
- Knowledge in one or more of the following chatbot platforms like Google Dialogflow,IBM Watson
- Experience building complex, scalable and high performing chatbot solutions is a huge plus
- Passionate about NLU, Text, Speech, and Image Processing
- Experience writing adaptive and responsive UI applications
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI/CD)
Solid command on one or more programming languages (Java and/or Go)
- Experience with package managers npm/yarn.
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, Solr is a plus.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks a plus.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and can quickly adjust to changing priorities
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2019, 10:46:45 AM