Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You must be or like to be a “Jack of all”
• Participate in the development of the next generation Conversational Commerce platform
• Design and build fault-tolerant, high-performance, scalable systems
• Design and maintain the core software components that support our platform
• Improve the scalability, resilience, observability, and efficiency of our core systems
• Code using primarily Python, No-SQL and Google Cloud (Appengine) stack
• Analyze bottlenecks and single points of failure of the whole system and improve performance
• Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management and front-end engineers
• Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
• Pro-actively look for ways to make Mezi platform better
• Speed, Speed, Speed - must be a performance freak!
• Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of product feature set .
• B.E. / B.Tech in Computer Science. Only from Tier-1 Colleges.
• 3-7 years of commercial software development experience
• You have built some impressive, non-trivial web applications by hand
• Excellent programming skills in preferably in Python or other languages like Java
• Google App engine experience a huge plus
• Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
• Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP,Apache) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
• Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
• Great written communication and documentation abilities
• Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
• You know and can admit when something is not great. You can recognize that something you've done needs improvement
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019, 9:32:00 PM