Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Function Description:With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
In particular, the team will lead and provide the support for development of world-class personalization capabilities catering to all global markets. This would involve development & deployment of cutting edge Machine Learning/Data Science solutions which will be able to drive industry leading performance lifts. This will in turn require the candidate to exhibit a high level of expertise in data understanding through statistical analysis, decision support logic and data techniques. Colleague will drive improvements in generating data driven actionable strategies to enable business growth initiatives
QualificationsPurpose of the Role:
Lead and provide the support for development of world-class personalization capabilities catering to all global markets through development & deployment of cutting edge Machine Learning/Data Science solutions which will be able to drive industry leading performance lifts
• Devise, design & develop cutting edge, customized machine learning algorithms
• Leverage the power of closed loop through Amex network to make offer targeting more intelligent and relevant
• Innovate with a focus on developing newer and better approaches using big data & machine learning solution
• Stay current in their field and up to date with the latest data science, machine learning, business statistics, algorithms and data mining practices
• Understand and have a passion for trends in digital marketing, social, location and mobile based marketing efforts
Critical Factors to Success:
• Build cutting edge and customized Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence algorithms to enhance modeling accuracy and efficiency
• Innovate modeling techniques and variable creation to solve business problems
• Support analytics across the lifecycle from pre-sales to attrition
Knowledge and experience of statistical and analytical techniques is preferred. Competency in standard data mining and advanced deep learning techniques is also desirable e.g. Decision trees and Neural Networks
• Exposure to analysis / modeling of digital data is a plus.
• Practical coding experience with statistical analysis programming languages such as SQL, HIVE , Python and Pysprak. Knowledge/Exposure to Big data is again a plus.
• Prior experience in online commerce analytics/marketing is preferred.
Bachelor's in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/ Engineering with relevant experience of 0-3 years
Post Graduate in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/ Engineering/Management
• Data Science/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
o Expertise in Coding, Algorithm
o Unsupervised and supervised techniques: Active learning, transfer learning, neural models, Decision trees, reinforcement learning, graphical models, Gaussian processes, Bayesian models, map Reduce techniques
• Analytics & Insights & Targeting
o R, Python, C, C++, Java, SAS, SQL
o Hive , Pyspark
o Advanced Statistical Techniques: Gini, Concordance, F-Score
• Deep Learning
• Knowledge of Digital Channels & Products
• Expertise in High Performance Computing
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Big Data - Cornerstone
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019, 8:34:00 AM