There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of highly skilled engineers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology by delivering cutting edge products. This is a great opportunity to join the Cornerstone Platform Engineering organization within American Express Technologies and be part of the Big Data transformation journey.
As a Technical Project Manager, the successful candidate will play a lead role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
This high energy TPM must have:
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
- 7+ years of Software Project Management experience, part of it using Agile methodologies
- Experience in SAFe preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives as well as challenges and support the team in delivering
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- PMI certification is a plus
- Scrum Master certification is a plus
Experience with the following:
- As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our platform/customers
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design, with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed escalating impediments
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform is a plus
- Experience with object-oriented design and coding skills across a variety of platforms (JAVA, MapReduce, Python, SPARK, ML)
- Experience with web services and open API development, as well as SOA concepts, is a plus
- Proven track record of working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019, 9:53:48 AM