Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Are you a new graduate looking to start your career working with amazing people and cutting edge technologies?
Our collaborative teams not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, creative ideas, insight and new perspectives are how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers, worldwide. Are you interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions? American Express has embarked on an exciting modernization journey that is inspired by an energetic new team of high achievers.
This team dynamic is nimble, creative, multi-functional and collective and with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. In this role, you will contribute to the delivery of the next generation, High Availability Authorization and Settlement Platforms for the most important American Express Merchant Initiative.
You will gain exposure to predictive analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. You'll be working with technologies like Hive/Hadoop, as well as ML Studio along with training models with large datasets (tensorflow, etc.). You’ll be joining on the ground floor!
Are you looking to make an impact in your new role?
You won’t just keep up; you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
Here are some examples of what you’ll be doing:
- Contribute as a core member of a high-impact team that takes ownership and drives design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge software applications that empower our customers.
- Write code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and testing
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
- Design and develop rest-based endpoints and consumption of the restful API’s
- You will be developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Bachelor's Degree that you just received in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience, start your career here!
- Genuine passion for working in a fast-paced Agile SaFe environment.
- Experience/exposure with Build tools (Maven, Gradle).
- Experience with container-based development (Docker, vagrant, puppet).
- Familiarity with Reactive frameworks RXJava, spring reactor, vert.x to achieve better fault isolation and scalability.
- An affinity to communicate with openness and transparency and a passion to learn new technologies and optimize them to their potential.
At the core of Software Engineering
- Every member of our team will be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business strengths you'll need, including:
- Microservices knowledge
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2019, 5:43:56 PM