There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The Global Commercial Digital Servicing and Business Financing (GCDS&BF) team is actively searching for a Technology Marketing, Communications and Strategy professional to join our growing organization. On our team, you’ll work on communications, colleague engagement, operations, change management, and various special projects using your skills in marketing content to an internal audience. You are an ambitious, upbeat, and driven individual who enjoys learning how our technology enables the best experience every day for our customers and why our engineers choose to work at American Express. As part of the team, you should feel comfortable shuffling conflicting priorities with precision and grace. Having an agile mindset, with the ability to quickly react to new priorities will lead to success in this role.
The GCDS&BF team within the American Express Technology organization supports customer facing Commercial Digital applications for our Corporate Card customers as well as all non-card Corporate and Merchant Lending. This is a key strategic focus area for American Express and a highly visible growth area for the business.
The Marketing, Communications and Strategy Manager plays a critical role in developing and sustaining our high-performing culture. You'll invoke your curious mindset to inspire, empower, and connect our team, breakdown silos between internal business units, lead change, and deliver overall colleague satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a preference in communications, marketing, journalism or related
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in marketing & communications
- Experience owning projects from end-to-end with strong project management skills
- Strong content creation / marketing skills and ability to shape and contribute to complex technology topics for a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively about work and transform communications into engaging experiences using digital signage, video and other media
- Comfort working with all levels across the organization
- Possess a growth mindset and proven ability to drive results
- Ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues across the Enterprise and external partners
- Proven strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize and implement
- Enthusiastic, fun, inquisitive and willing to learn
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Tools (SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019, 4:43:25 PM