Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our team is embarking on a transformation journey to implement a “Robotics first” approach. Our team is responsible for several mission critical applications for amercianexpress.com. Mobile and Web engineering enterprise applications are highly available applications, maintains high (-100%) availability in an extremely high throughput transactional system with strict performance requirements. The team works with various Product teams, Staff Architects, Engineering Leaders and Engineering Teams across the various engineering platforms. The primary focus is to conceptualize, design, develop, and implement frameworks/common components, and instrumenting observability tools for the enterprise that will ensure high application reliability, scalability, availability and performance of the Mobile and Web applications.
This role is a hands-on design heavy role where Machine Learning will be used to solve many complex problems .The ideal candidate must have experience in Machine Learning and Data Science ,and Python development.
What you will be doing:
- Conceptualize and implement Machine Learning to improve predictive monitoring and drive the team’s journey towards a “Robotics First” approach.
- Research latest technology, concepts, conceptualize solution and develop proof of concept that will improve resiliency and performance of the production infrastructure. Design and implement innovative solution/framework that will improve software engineering velocity, infrastructure resiliency and security, and data availability.
- Develop common framework components (to be leveraged by enterprise applications), define standards for configuration, monitoring, reliability, and performance engineering.
- Work with operations team to resolve major incidents
- Continuously improve automated remediation tasks to ensure the highest levels of availability.
- 3+ years of experience in Python, with emphasis on Machine Learning
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other Technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Hands on experience with. -Spark, Splunk, Pandas, Numpy, Sci-kit learn
- Experience in designing mission critical highly available enterprise applications
- Hands on experience with performance testing framework design, tuning Java applications
- Experience managing NoSQL databases such as Couchbase and MongoDB
- Strong knowledge of Linux internals and experience managing Linux systems in high traffic environments
- Strong knowledge of Data Science/Machine Learning, mathematical modeling, and statistics
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a diverse team-focused environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019, 9:02:05 AM