American Express for 12th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
- Provide technical leadership to deliver software solutions that exceed customer and stakeholder expectations.
- You will constantly pursue and learn industry leading/innovative solutions. Build high awareness of open-source technologies and communities that enable high volume low latency systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
- Engage with developers in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks. Stepping into code where and if needed and be a hands-on leader
- Ensure on time product releases that are of high quality, enabling the core vision of next generation card processing systems compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
- Leading a team in an environment which includes modern web frameworks and complex transaction processing systems leveraging a broad set of technology stacks (Node.js, React, Cassandra, Kafka, Java, Mainframes, Oracle, DB2, REDIS etc.)
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
- Work with Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science experts to strive for greater functionality in technology ecosystem
- Be part of a larger team to help craft the direction of data intelligent solutions at AmEx.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Overall 10+ years of experience in developing and delivering leading–edge software solutions coupled with a proven experience in building teams from scratch and growing individuals into leaders.
- 5+ years of directly managing development teams and individual contributors; experience in coaching and working with employees to manage and build their careers.
- Hands on development experience in modern technologies - Java, Go, Vert.x, React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JSON, etc. along with strong knowledge on databases/data-processing technologies such as Oracle DB (or any Enterprise RDBMS), Hadoop, and NoSQL DBs (Couchbase and Cassandra).
- Experience with applications with high throughput and low latency needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with the ability to create and deliver effective presentations to leadership across the organization
- Proven ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographical distributed organization
- Experience building highly available and low latency distributed systems. Experience building systems as service-oriented architecture and/or micro-services architecture.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Apache NiFi, Informatica, Talend, DataStage, Alteryx, etc. is a plus
- Hands-on experience with GCP, AWS, Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Oracle DB, Redshift, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Neo4J, MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, DataStaX, etc. is a plus
- Excellent judgment and constant pursuit of higher standards, a passion to build and champion high efficiency teams.
- Is aware of the latest details of the business & technology trends
- Expects and drives innovation
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Out of box thinking
- A “Dev-Ops” mindset of agility fostering continuous improvement, open communication and high availability systems
- Enterprise Thinking
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2020, 4:12:06 AM