The EDA Global Commercial Analytics team, as part of Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) within American Express, is responsible for overseeing marketing analytics, data products and platforms specific to the Global Commercial Services (GCS) business. This center of excellence model helps American Express to leverage enterprise-wide capabilities and assets to strengthen our integrated network and become an essential part of our customers’ digital lives.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Commercial Analytics, the position Manager, Strategy & Planning will act as the Chief of Staff, leading and implementing critical strategic and day-to-day operational functions globally for the office, including operational initiatives, business planning and analytics, financials, communications and special strategic projects. You will be a critical member of the dynamic and fast-paced environment and an ambassador and advocate for the team and mission. The ideal candidate is highly organized, proactive, tenacious, and not afraid of the detail – they must have a demonstrated ability in influencing, great collaborative mindset, and strong relationship management with senior leaders.
Key responsibilities include:
Support VP with overall planning, management and strategy development for the department including enhancing organizational performance and employee engagement
Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables.
Provide thought leadership on organizational effectiveness, goals and strategies.
Manage team meetings, including designing and coordinating content and agendas for leadership meetings and town halls for the Global Commercial Analytics organization.
Create executive level presentations for both internal and external audiences, as well as help coordinate updates with key leaders including senior leaders within GCA and EDA.
Assist in business planning, organizational planning and day to day operational processes for Global Commercial Analytics organization (GMCA), including scorecards, measurement, employee on/off-boarding, schedules, templates, meetings, market visits and offsites.
This individual must be comfortable with having a very “hands on” role managing a significant amount of tactical work
Budget management for Opex/ACU/SQP, including forecasting, tracking and reporting
Conduct special analytical requests as needed
- Proven project management and organizational skills with impressive attention to detail and comfortable in working with data and analytics.
- Extremely strong strategic communication skills (written, oral, PowerPoint creation)
- Effective at building relationships and influencing partners at all levels without authority
- Good judgment and intuition to set direction in ambiguous, unstructured situations
- Ability to engage professionally/maintain positive attitude in changing circumstances
- High level of integrity required for handling confidential information
- Organizational savviness, and ability to navigate a complex matrix structure\\
- Ability to run strategic analytical requests
- Sense of humor
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019, 2:05:07 PM