American Express entered the travel business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) is a key component of the value proposition of the American Express premium card products. TLS is focused on delivering Travel and Lifestyle benefits which allow American Express to create differentiation and loyalty with premium CMs. With over 4,000 frontline colleagues across 22 markets, TLS is a truly global organization. We make membership come to life, every day!
The Director of Global Learning Architecture in the Global Talent & Engagement Team (GTE) team is responsible for developing and personalizing learning solutions for TLS colleagues across the globe. The Global Learning Architecture organization is responsible for designing innovative learning in five distinct pillars— Global New Hire, Centurion 2.0, Digital & Capabilities, Business Optimization and Leadership Development. This position is a key leadership role in the GTE organization and will be a single point of contact for the Global Consulting & Integration team and serve key stakeholders in operations leadership.
The incumbent will need to have a passion for delivering knowledge to our frontline Travel Consultants and driving a premium cardmember experience. The Global Learning Architecture organization is responsible for partnering with business leaders, subject matter experts, and the delivery team to develop and implement a global curriculum that aligns with key business strategies and enhances organizational performance.
With a focus on the highest quality of design and development, they will contribute to the conceptualization, development, implementation and measurement of all learning solutions.
This position adds value by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of customer needs, external best practice and internal operations to guide solutions that drive the optimal customer and business outcomes. This role operates in the premium customer space and the successful incumbent must have exceptional understanding of this segment and the requirements of those servicing it.
- Analyze talent performance data and partner with other Global Talent Directors to build a cohesive talent strategy for TLS globally
- Partner with stakeholders to understand business priorities and consult on best-in-class, scalable and modern learning solutions
- Lead the development of learning solutions that are relevant and delivered flawlessly - with high impact and appropriate measures in place
- Lead the capacity planning for all design deliverables and develop strong project planning practices across the organization.
- Increase social and informal learning initiatives and incorporate into learning design.
- Lead and oversees the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of structures and processes that support the core learning and development technologies
- This position will report into the Vice President – Global Talent & Engagement
- 7-10 years’ experience in Adult Education with an emphasis on leading curriculum development and e-Learning solutions.
- 7-10 years’ experience in project management and capacity planning
- Learning program design experience with graphic design/media tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Articulate Storyline 360, Captivate, HTML5/Dreamweaver, Vyond, etc.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone preferred).
- Strong history of experience in the talent field, leading learning and development organizations
- Excellent Strategic Thinker: Proven ability to link project strategies to business objectives and drive desired business outcomes by setting a vision, goals and objectives that motivate and inspire the organization to deliver
- Exceptional Stakeholder Management: Proven ability to effectively collaborate, partner and consult with global senior leaders, business partners and colleagues in teams including Global Card and Product teams, TLS Operations, Global Service Group and subject matter experts to bring together competing priorities and ultimately drive business results.
- Innovator: capacity to be a change agent - not afraid to challenge the status quo. Experience driving front line or customer engagement with new products, tools and/or processes.
- Cross-Functional Leader: Demonstrated ability to lead and partner with cross-functional, virtual teams and operate autonomously, making complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure.
- Results Driver: Track record of successfully managing multiple projects at once successfully. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands.
- Enthusiastic, fun, flexible and demonstrates a willingness to learn
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019, 5:08:42 PM