This Vice President, is responsible for leading a team of Client Management professionals who are charged with Client retention, accelerating growth and deepening strategic account relationships. The geographic territory covers Kansas City to Boston, mostly in the Northern half of the country. The candidate will need to reside in Massachusetts, Ohio, Illinois or Michigan.
Provide strategic recommendations and solutions to assist Clients in optimizing their travel and procurement spend/investment through process improvement, purchasing savings and employee productivity.
Develop and execute strategies to strengthen senior Client relationships, identifying gaps in relationship stacking and strategies to bridge them.
Develop strategies to strengthen Global Commercial Services value proposition for Clients, including global capabilities, analytics, benchmarking, and program optimization opportunities
Utilize innovation to overcome complex Client barriers, resolve escalated issues, and manage internal stakeholders.
Ensure delivery of prompt and expert account servicing and management.
Partner, collaborate & influence across Global Business Development, Risk Management, Product Marketing, Contracts, Pricing, Finance, Operations and other internal teams to deliver strong value proposition to Client base.
Develop and execute a portfolio growth strategy, adapting plans and priorities to address resource / operational challenges.
Facilitates collaboration with sales to ensure consistent, orchestrated Client experience.
Hires, trains, coaches, and manages a team of direct reports as payment experts.
Achieves portfolio retention, profitability, and CV growth targets.
Sell with integrity, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements.
- Prior experience leading teams, including relationship management and/or sales teams.
- Results-oriented, innovative, strategic thought leader.
- Able to demonstrate consultative selling/support techniques with complex product lines.
- Able to organize virtual teams and influence/manage change.
- Identifies larger opportunities and lays out high level achievement plans.
- Removes logistical roadblocks to Client service.
- Ability to communicate value and develop mutually beneficial relationships with Clients.
- Effective negotiator, able to make advantageous deals in context of mutually beneficial relationships.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to acquire knowledge and present products and financials.
- Leads through trust, transparency and collaboration to build highly engaged team.
- Partners well with internal resources to identify opportunities and continue to improve product and servicing for Clients.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019, 2:48:25 PM