- Identifying and effectively managing legal risk.
- Providing sound, commercial legal advice and support across all business units, including drafting, reviewing, analysing and negotiating a wide range of agreements and legal documents, including procurement, referral, partnership, customer and merchant incentive, distribution, sponsorship, marketing, online services, confidentiality, intercompany and retainer agreements, as well as standard terms and conditions.
- Advising on customer complaints and related issues.
- Supporting internal governance and approval processes, including coordinating with compliance, risk, finance and other internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Instructing and liaising with various outside counsels to obtain, challenge and finalise legal advice/opinions on various projects, agreements and cross border issuance of cards.
- Carrying out legal research.
- Reviewing and amending various internal and external servicing and marketing communications, company and product application forms.
- Performing duties assigned by the LST leadership team from time to time.
- Improving methods for legal knowledge management.
- Contributing to LST’s training and development programme.
- Ensuring LST’s adherence to any company-wide and GCO-specific processes and procedures.
- Preparing and delivering internal training as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the LST leadership from time to time.
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services.
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
Required skills and Qualifications:
Qualified to practice in Malaysia.
Minimum of 5 years PQE although strong candidates with less experience will also be considered.
In-house experience in financial services is preferred but not mandatory.
Quality experience in advising on commercial contracts.
Solid drafting, research and negotiation/influencing skills.
Solid analytical skills and high attention to detail.
Solid understanding of general principles of law applicable to commercial practice.
Intellectually strong with ability to rapidly grasp key issues.
Ability to work under time pressure to meet tight deadlines and clients’ expectations.
Fluency in an additional language other than English and Malay (such as Mandarin) is preferred but not mandatory.
Required personal attributes:
A real team player with a willingness to share knowledge, teach and learn.
A self-started able to handle own caseload and clients.
Ability to interpret and apply legal issues in a practical, hands-on, common sense manner.
Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, effectively and persuasively with clients, senior business, legal management and external regulators, both orally and in writing.
Passionate about commercial law, inquisitive, able to self-initiate learning and brainstorming.
Strategic thinker with good business understanding and analytical skills.
Strong ability to build solid working relationships.
Willingness to learn and grow, and to leverage experience gained in this position to expand skill set for future career growth at American Express.
Proven ability to help identify and implement improvements in work process to enhance efficiency and productivity.
Commitment to integrity and American Express values.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019, 11:43:04 AM