At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 169 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Aml & Regulatory Compliance Specialist to perform in the Global Risk, Banking & Compliance business unit of American Express.
This position assists Compliance Leadership in the development, support, implementation and maintenance of an effective legal compliance program within LOBs & Staff Groups, consistent with all applicable Argentina laws, and ensuring that procedurally business activities are aligned with Compliance programs and Company programs and procedures
- Support the area on the development, update and completion of Market Compliance Goals.
- Perform Anti-Money Laundering investigations.
- Execute regulatory compliance controls definition and coordination with a global team.
- Testing business process to ensure compliance with local legislation and corporate standards.
- Support in the monitoring and AML assessment of compliance levels, as well as to coordinate timely remediation plans when opportunities are identified.
- Lead the development, as necessary, of local procedures to adapt Company policies to local needs and satisfy local requirements.
- Utilize available tools (e.g. reporting, self-monitoring & testing, audits) to evaluate the compliance program to determine its effectiveness and devise solutions to new legal and regulatory developments.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- University degree or student in the final stage of the career (Law, Economics, Engineering or similar preferred).
- MS Excel required. MS Access and Tableau a plus.
- Argentina platforms knowledge to handle Consumer, Corporate and Merchant clients a plus.
- Anti Money Laundering, Know your Customer and / or similar investigations experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Argentina AML, Consumer Protection, Data Privacy and Anti-Corruption legal framework a plus.
- Genuine interest on developing a career in Compliance.
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as written and oral communication skills (Spanish/ English).
- Demonstrated planning, activities coordination and project management experience.
- Ability to adapt easily to shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive results in a complex, matrixed environment, and lead through persuasion and expertise with limited direct authority.
- Ability to build strong relationships with all band levels and work effectively in a collaborative, multi-cultural, team environment.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2019, 4:50:17 PM