Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express is entering into a technology transformation phase driven by opportunities to modernize legacy platforms, and explore modern software to be on the leading edge of the payments industry. American Express is looking for strong leaders to be part of high performing teams that will build and support our next generation platforms. If you have the talent and passion to drive innovation and deliver at a rapid pace, with deep hands on experience in areas of real-time, highly available, cloud-native application development, join our engineering teams to transform our systems.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
• Provide Level 2 and Level 1 problem identifications, diagnose and regular troubleshoots with various windows operating systems like Linux etc.
• Understand and ability to write Power shell or python code to remediate on going regular system maintenance
• Supporting Infrastructure services (like Sendmail, SFTP, AD, DNS, and NTP), and have a good understanding of HTTP/HTTPS traffic
• SQL cluster deployments knowledge and theoretical understanding on SQL service packs and cumulative updates
• Knowledge on SQL database end client dependencies and perform OS level tuning based on SQL cluster loads
• Work with Ansible and Puppet to develop patch management scripts and route operational remediation.
• Provide support for regular systems patching, change implementations, maintenance and enhancements to production IT systems
• Documentation written skills to prepare Knowledge base articles for IT applications and hardware changes, and to prepare Root Cause Analysis in case of system failures.
• Proactively respond and work on problem alerts receiving through monitoring tools and other sources
• Be part of on-call rotation with other team players to monitor systems health and proactively engage SMEs to resolve issues on-time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
• 2-4 years of production operational experience in IaaS and PaaS, and proven ability in automate routine operational work using technologies
• Linux System Administration with experience in Storage and Network troubleshooting.
• Experience in handling day to day Linux Operations.
• Hands on experience with Azure/AWS/OpenStack cloud solutions and optimize
• Server Performance Monitoring
• Monitoring and optimizing performance for various services (i.e. Apache, JBoss, Tomcat), OS resources (memory, CPU, disk IO), and platforms (Load balancers, Xen, VMware, Monsoon, UCS, Azure, AWS)
• Strong hands on experience on virtual (VMware/XEN) and Physical Servers (Cisco UCS, HP, Lenovo)
• Familiarity with monitoring frameworks either open source or Enterprise tools like Nagios, Icinga2, Zabbix and SolarWinds etc.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2020, 2:56:04 AM