Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
This role is a business planning and strategy position within the Partner Business Solutions (PBS) global team. PBS is a vibrant team responsible for owning the enablement of capabilities and servicing to 130+ Global Network Partnerships (including JV’s) across the globe.
This role is responsible for developing the strategic capability and servicing aims, plans and approach for our Partner Business. The thought leadership, analytic research, consultancy and deployment activities are varied and can cross many business functions, working with the Business, Marketing, Technologies, Finance, Global Network Operations, Compliance, General Counsels Office amongst others.
For example, they may:
Develop and create a holistic partner strategy and roadmap for key capabilities we wish to deploy at our GNP partnerships.
Design and highlight partner specific requirements for new capabilities or building business cases for existing capability to be enhanced.
Support new large product and network capability launches.
Develop, utilise and assess analytical data to form strategies to reduce onboarding timelines and improve operational efficiency (including elimination of bad demand).
The individual should therefore possess a curious and strategic thinking. mindset with an analytical background They will have superior relationship management and communication skills in order to gain trust and credibility with our internal and external business partners.
- Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- For GNP capabilities, both current and future, build capability plans & roadmaps for GNP global business utilising data, industry & competitor intelligence, and partner insight.
- Develop, utilise and assess analytical data to form strategies to reduce onboarding timelines and improve operational efficiency (including elimination of bad demand)
- Build partner servicing strategy and roadmap in conjunction with broader GNS organisation
- Support regional teams removing obstacles that hinder local delivery of capabilities and features
- Develop, in conjunction with GNO, supporting capability and training materials for internal and external use.
- Relationship Management
- Builds new and leverage relationships with external and internal partners across multiple levels of the organisation
- Develop a network of key relationships internally e.g. GNO, Tech, GMS, etc
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, face to face)
- Act as the primary coordinators with the Network Modernisation (NeMo) team, providing input, identifying milestones and new opportunities for our partners and beyond.
- Support the implementation of new capabilities and management of existing capabilities into the regional teams
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Analytical mindset with ability to break down complex problems.
Set the Agenda - Collect, dissect, interpret & utilize data in a compelling manner to form recommendations.
Strategic Thinking - A curious mindset ensuring risks and opportunities are envisaged and incorporating into strategic roadmaps &capability plans.
Experience of using analytics platforms, such as Tableau, Microsoft BI, SAS to deliver data management, business Intelligence, predictive modelling, machine learning and visual analytics would be an advantage
Ability to tailor a professional communication style to work effectively with individuals at all levels
Detailed knowledge of the Amex Operational environment, the Card Issuing and Merchant Acquiring businesses an advantage
Knowledge of the competitive environment and Payments industry
Highly self-motivated and results driven with the ability to work under own initiative and be creative when solutioning.
Ability to work flexibly in an ever changing environment – demonstrating adaptability
Track-record of success in developing and delivering complex strategies in payments industry an advantage.
The Company, following industry trends, is particularly focused in the development and implementation of new products and network capabilities in the areas of mobile payments, and digital products. Any proven experience in this field will represent an advantage
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2019, 1:52:07 PM