The B2B Networks and Automation team is a newly formed growth group within the Global Commercial Services organization looking to leverage the enormous payments and technology assets that American Express offers to enable fundamentally new revenue streams across new market segments including B2B Networks, ERP, and Digital Marketplaces. These market segments represent >$100 trillion in B2B supply chain transaction value that is currently outside the reach of the traditional American Express portfolio, go-to-market approach, and business models.
The Global Commercial Alliances team is the arm of the B2B Networks and Automation organization charged with recruiting and managing B2B partnerships. This team manages our largest and most mature partnership with SAP Concur, a leading provider of Travel and Spend Management solutions. This Senior Manager will own the Concur relationship, coordinating global activities spanning partnership strategy, joint product development, sales and marketing, and performance measurement. Additionally, this Senior Manager will represent our team with the US Middle Market Sales and AD teams and coordinate with other Partnership Managers to take additional partnerships into the segment.
- Develop and implement strategies that maximize the value of the partnership for American Express and our customers.
- Coordinate joint product development between American Express and SAP Concur, working with Product Managers to ensure that joint clients have access to differentiated product offerings across Expense Management, Invoice Automation, and Spend Insights.
- Work with American Express and SAP Concur Marketing teams to develop and execute Marketing and Sales Enablement initiatives in support of the partnership
- Monitor key performance metrics, present to senior leaders, and track partnership success to help ensure information is accurately represented, issues are identified and resolved, and opportunities progress
- Collaborate with fellow Partnership Managers to promote other partnerships to the US Middle Market Segment, arming our Sales and Account Development teams with the necessary knowledge and tools to leverage partnership offerings to support their goals of client growth and retention.
- Experience managing product partnerships or commercial relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – with experience presenting to senior leaders, both internal and external
- Product management experience, ideally with experience taking products from concept to market rollout
- Track record of working with field sales or account management organizations to drive business results
- Product Marketing experience a plus, particularly in consumer financial services or B2B payments
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment and developing relationships across organizational boundaries
- Knowledge of B2B Payments and B2B Spend Management a strong plus
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel 5%-10%, as required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2019, 11:10:13 AM