The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Global Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class premium merchant member experience that will get merchants not only to accept American Express, but also to welcome and recommend us openly to their customers. Our team consults on strategic business initiatives that enhance the success and support the performance of GMS Sales and Client Management organizations. This includes building and delivering programs to support leadership development, skill expansion, and the launch of new products, services, and tools.
The Merchant Experience team, within GS&C, leads the merchant Net Promoter System (NPS) program, which drives and measures merchant satisfaction across 15 countries. This team provides actionable insights and best practices that will improve the merchant experience, delivers seamless execution of the merchant satisfaction program (NPS), supports the creation of action plans that deliver improvements to the merchant experience, and reinforces a customer-first mindset within the merchant business.
This role will help deliver success to the program by driving the flawless global execution of the best-in-class GMS Net Promoter System (NPS) program. This candidate will be the subject matter expert in the data structure and content that powers this global program with a keen focus on continual program enhancement. Comfort with large data sets compiled from various sources and the ability to quickly and accurately manipulate and manage them is required. Ability to create new and helpful analysis tools and procedures to more quickly access and manipulate the data.
This high profile position plays a critical role in developing the primary channel to hear the customer’s voice and translate it into improvements that strengthen the relationship.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Lead the data file creation process and on-going data management by defining, collecting, QC’ing, and delivering the data used to survey Merchants
- Partnering closely with internal colleagues across American Express and external partners to ensure we adhere to timelines for key NPS survey milestones
- Defining and presenting program processes to appropriate user groups and providing ongoing user support
- Identifying enhancements and opportunities to streamline efforts
- Identifying sources and collecting data used for survey analytics
- Managing and executing analytic requests from across the business unit
- Turning data into insights
This role requires the following:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfort working with large datasets
- Advanced Excel skills (Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View a plus)
- Knowledge of Access, Tableau, VBA
- The ability to flawlessly execute against a plan or escalate in a timely manner, when necessary
- The ability to juggle numerous project simultaneously and deliver them to completion, with limited supervision and guidance
- Effective problem solving and quick decision making skills, ability to prioritize, and take initiative and be resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong relationship building skills - part of a tight-knit ecosystem; needs to be a strong team player who values collaboration and understands how to partner and influence colleagues and stakeholders
- Schedule flexibility that comes with working as part of a global team
- SQL experience a plus
- Experience with NPS, CEX a plus
- Bachelor's degree
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2019, 6:22:22 PM