American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through a proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. The Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing American Express business with US companies in the middle market segment.
- Drive New Sales from prospective clients in the middle-market segment in primary and secondary markets
- Achieve New Sales CV targets
- Execute a transactional sales cycle
- Sell core American Express solutions
- Spend significant time on prospecting, ensuring implementation of accounts, and managing new signings through the first 13 months of BCV
- Sell with integrity and appropriately track prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
Required skills & qualifications:
- Demonstrating value
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with Amex , highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the ROI of proposed solutions, identifying unanticipated positive outcomes or benefits
- Gains a commitment from the prospect to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key prospect decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, driven attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Utilizes innovative and compelling rationale to overcome complex prospect barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Actively prospects to build a pipeline of opportunities, prioritizing by potential value, sales cycle length, and win probability
- Tenaciously networks to establish, maintain, and expand business relationships and referral sources, especially cold contacts
- Effectively identifies client needs with MMCG input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific prospect needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations
Prefer that candidate resides in or lives close to territory. Territory is Nassau County, New York.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2019, 11:40:10 PM