The Global Rewards Finance team manages one of American Express’s largest balance sheet items – the reserve for Membership Rewards [MR] in the US and in over twenty international markets. The team also provides strategic financial analysis to help develop winning strategies in order to enhance our card member experience, grow our business, and uphold our reputation.
This analyst role is on the US Rewards Finance team and is responsible for results, forecasting, and analysis of US Membership Rewards Redemptions and the Ultimate Redemption Rate (URR), two of the key drivers of the Membership Rewards liability. In addition, the analyst will support ad hoc projects across the team spanning rewards results and business support.
- Own US Membership Redemption and WAC (weighted average cost per point) model, provide results, forecasting, and business support on redemptions by understanding category and partner trends, and how trends impact CPP (cost per point) and WAC
- Own US Membership Rewards Ultimate Redemption Rate (URR) quarterly process – run model process end-to-end including submission of model parameters, running model in SAS, working with team members to analyze key business drivers of results and communicate story via quarterly results deck that is presented to senior leadership
- Provide thought leadership into key findings and actionable recommendations to influence business strategy
- Evaluate current processes and continually recommend process improvements / efficiencies
- Support ad hoc projects and analytics
- Work closely with Marketing and Finance teams
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire and ability to learn
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others in situations where there may be different goals
- Results driven and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects and work within tight timelines
- Must be able to synthesize complex concepts, involving large quantities of data, into understandable business insights
- Strong team player with an ability to deliver within a matrix organization
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- TM1, SQL, and SAS knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/business preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2019, 3:12:23 PM