The Global Servicing Network (GSN) is part of the Global Servicing Group (GSG) and plays a central role in helping American Express achieve its vision of providing the world's best customer experience every day.
The GSN Management and Information Systems (MIS) Center of Excellence is seeking a Business Analyst to assist the Performance Management MIS Team. The Performance Management Team is responsible for the reporting of metrics in ROP (the system of record for metrics and incentives), including staff (front-end application which forms the basic structure of how data and people are classified in the published data), issue resolution, testing and goals management as well as incentive program development, implementation, reporting and maintenance. Data validity and performance analysis is used across metrics and incentives in this team.
The Performance Management MIS Analyst will help enhance this team by providing critical data analysis and reporting and will be responsible for execution of the overall vision, as well as provide support and analysis on specific aspects of metrics and incentives processes. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for analyzing large data sets (structured or unstructured) and identifying trends. In addition, the individual will develop and maintain incentives related reporting.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading the analysis of various processes across US domestic and international markets to determine the effectiveness of incentive plans
- Present and communicate performance results and findings to multiple levels of business in an effective manner
- Querying data platforms IDN, Cornerstone, and other data sources utilizing SQL, SAS, and other languages
- Quickly familiarizing self with table structures and data elements
- Helping to analyze queried data for trends and outliers
- Experience in utilizing SQL, SAS, and other languages
- Strong quantitative, data visualization, and reporting skills
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and analyze data sets, processes, and metrics
- Resourceful, and innovative, with the ability to look at new ways to solve old problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player and ability to collaborate across geographies and business units.
- Decision-making skills and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively under pressure and with changing or competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and drive results; candidate must be able to accept high-level concepts and implement them with minimal leader intervention
- Strong knowledge and application of Advance MS Excel, including Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts, Mathematical & Statistical Functions (Vlookup, Nested, Power Query etc.)
- Ability to leverage data and coding to create meaningful reports
- Experience in HIVE/Tableau or Big Data a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2019, 8:16:09 AM